Monday, March 20, 2023

What's Old is New Again

 I heard the other day that the Permafrost is melting. Not a big secret, as most of us have heard of global warming. This particular story had a twist. What's under this thawing ground? I did a little research.

1) It looks as though that when the ground thaws it could release viruses and bacteria from thousands of years ago.  Yeah, that doesn't sound good. I'm sure we have lost our immunity long ago. 

2) Since nobody was around, humans decided that this would be a good place to dump all sorts of pollutants. 

So pollutants added to viruses?  I haven't seen this movie, but I'm pretty sure I know what the ending is.

3) Need something positive? Okay, there might be, precious metals and fossil fuels.  

Anybody, wanna '49er it with your shovel and pick axe? I'm not sure if the viral threat trumps the chance for riches or vice versa.

All of this reminded me a quote from the movie Wargames:  

    "Now, children, come on over here. I'm going to tell you a bedtime story. Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin. Once upon a time, there lived a magnificent race of animals that dominated the world through age after age. They ran, they swam, and they fought and they flew, until suddenly, quite recently, they disappeared. Nature just gave up and started again. We weren't even apes then. We were just these smart little rodents hiding in the rocks. And when we go, nature will start over. With the bees, probably. Nature knows when to give up, David."



Now, I'm not going to argue about who or what is causing this warming, or if it really exist. This page is for what's in my brain.

 The real cause of it, is greed. Not being responsible, doing what's best for your pocketbook, not caring for your neighbor or the future. Our government is in constant argument over this topic and thus nothing gets done except.....their reelection because you know, they are doing what's best for you.

 

Anyway, sorry for the crap news, and good luck with the "Godzilla Virus." I'm trademarking that, by the way.

 


1 comment: