Friday, April 1, 2011

A day in the morning life

A good friend of mine when ask "How are you doing?", always responds "Just livin' the dream".   Thanks Sam.

Gretchen wakes me up at 6.  She's been up since 5.  I got to make sure Noah gets up and around.  I get out of bed at 6 after 6. Ugh.  He needs to be at the bus top at 25 after.  16 after "Dad can you get me a bowl of cereal?"  "Yes"  Not making the bus today.  With ADD/ADHD kids you have to make concessions.  I take
Noah to school.  I about get hit from behind buy giant suv lady in a hurry to get out of the parking lot.  She drives on the wrong side and passes 15 cars to turn left.  I was heading there but opted to stay in my lane.

I get home and go through Jonah's folder. Sign here sign there and clean it out.  "No, dad that's my homework!"  "What's it doing with all of these other papers?"  "I don't know."  He starts outside.  "Oh, almost forgot my lunch."  He has a field trip today.  He gets on his bike and rides to school.  If you know Jonah very well you know he has grown up a lot this year.  Riding a bike to school 3 months ago would have been unheard of.

Check Facebook.  Check email.  Check blogger.  Check Espn.

Okay, time to get Gracie up.   The fight is on. She began daycare this week.  It's been over a year since she last went back in Illinois.  "Gracie, time to get up."  "I'm not going to daycare."  "Remember Mom said she would take you to Kane's for dinner tonight if you were good today."  A smile appears and she shakes her head yes.  I turn to get clothes and she wraps herself in her blankets.  I get her dressed and she clings to my neck.  " I don't wanna go!"  She starts sobbing.   We go to the car and she runs behind the other car.  I chase her down.  Off we go.  It's more of same.  "Hey, how about I put in Katy Perry?" "Yeah!"  "You're hot and you're cold you're yes and you're..."nothing the cd goes silent.  I try it again.  Nope. I take it out and clean it. Nope  Skip to next song. Phew.  We arrive at daycare.  I go to open the door to the building and she's already wrapped herself around my leg.  I pick her up and carry her in.  She precedes to grab the string on my sweat jacket and wrap her hand in it.  I get that unwrapped and place her in a chair the teacher takes her and I skip out as fast as I can, with her screams of "Daddy!" playing in the background.  Yeah, that sucks. But what can you do?

I get home and check my work schedule.  10:30 to 7:30 with a sigh. I'm in the middle of a seven day work stretch.  It's the end of the month and beginning a new month so all of the idiots will be out. One bright spot is I'm working on a business deal so that's something to look forward to.  I sit down.  Check Facebook.  Check Espn.  Yup, Cardinals still lost.  Start blogging.  Gotta start getting ready for work.  End Blogging.

This was what was on my mind today.

1 comment:

  1. Well city life sure is different, but I appreciate all that you do as "daddy!" I couldn't do it without you!

    ReplyDelete