Wednesday, August 22, 2012

This is the Voice

There is a voice that sings every week at church that truly is amazing.  Even more amazing, is that I get to hear this vocie everyday because it belongs to my wife.  Her angelic voice has graced stages, such as, the Muni in St. Louis and Carnegie Hall in New York (just to name a few.)  The sad thing is that so many people without true talent make it on the radio.  While people with talent like Gretchen's go unnoticed.  When American Idol first came around she was too old to try out.  Then they raised the age.  She would have qualified had that age been the standard to start with but since it wasn't, by the time they raised it she was too old once again. 

I have new hope that one day she will get her chance.  Shows like America's Got Talent, X-Factor and The Voice are non-age specific and offer a chance for everyone with talent.  My talents wouldn't make the first cut.  But that's okay with me.  I'm good hiding behind this keyboard. 

I used to have a tape of Gretchen's Greatest Hits. But being a cassette, it has long passed on to the big jam box in the sky.  God can play and rewind it all that He wants to.  I like to think Hallelujah could be about Gretchen's voice.  Of course, I thinking more of Lee Dewyze's version than of Shrek's.  Her chords, I sure, more than please the Lord.

So here's to my wife:  a beautiful woman, a beautiful person and a beautiful voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment