Saturday, September 15, 2012

Go Ahead Make My Day

If you have kept up with my blog, you know that my post have become very infrequent.  I blame it on February.  But really it has been ______________(fill in the blank).   I think the new job has me worn down.  I have had many ideas but none seem to make it on the page.  For a couple of months, I have been debating shutting My Brain down.  Not that I want to but I feel like I'm neglecting it.  Then, today out of no where I get this
                  "Wow, this is so sweet. It seems like the two of you have been together for a long time, and that you can still post something like this is so heartwarming.  I found your site through Brett Minor's site and have been poking around :) Have you ever considered posting at Dude Write?  http://dudewrite.blogspot.com/  If you don't know about it, they have a weekly blog post competition for men only.  Girls can still read and vote, though :)  You should check it out...I think you would do well, as I really like your writing style."-- Kianwi 

And just like that, My Brain is back in business.  I know, I claim to blog for myself, but it really helps you get refreshed when someone praises what you do. (especially from a stranger) Thanks Kianwi. You can read her blog Simply She Goes  here.

While I'm on the subject, I always enjoy a message on Facebook that says "Ummmm, it's been awhile. Are you going to post a blog soon or what?" or "We're waiting" or "Hope you're not planning on spewing any more pointless ramblings anytime soon." (the proceedings have been paraphrased).

I'm debating the dudewrite thing.  I'm not a big promoter of my writings.  But I will think about it.  In other news, I am currently shopping The Book of Xi Su.  I am finding that everyone loves short stories but no one wants to commit to publish them.  I plan to post more often but a swift kick in my ass always helps or maybe just a friendly reminder.

2 comments:

  1. Well, now you've gone and made MY day :) I had no idea you had been in a slump. I was simply leaving a genuine comment on a blog I liked, so how nice that it meant more than I could have known. That makes me happy.

    As far as Dude Write, it is much more than a competition, it is a community of writers who are all very welcoming and supportive. Plus, it's just a whole lot of fun :) Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered who had contacted you. Now I know. I see Kianwi around the blogosphere quite a bit. You will love Dude Write if you decide to try it out. Plus, if you want readers, this is one of the ways to do it.

    I write my blog for me also, but I really gets energized knowing that other people read what I write and enjoy it. In order to get people to even know about my blog, I have to reach out and this is one of the ways I do it.

    If nothing else, you can use it to connect with other bloggers. You post on their site one time and all the participants for the week will come by to read your post.

    ReplyDelete