Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Family Photos


Most family photo day stories are horrific.  Not this one.  A couple of Sundays ago we visited our friends, the Palmers.  After church as we waited for the Sunday school classes to end, we took some family photos.  Now this was planned (somewhat).  First we had to decide on a setting.  Well the setting ended up being multiple locations, all within the confines of the church's courtyard.  There were moments of frustration but they were minimal.  What was unexpected, was the fun that we had.  Since, we weren't in a hurry we could take our time and enjoy the moment.   I got to enjoy my family.  It's a shame that this world keeps us so busy that we forget to saviour the precious time with our loved ones.  Four moments stand out more than others from that day.  The first was just Gretchen and I looking at each other as if 22 years hadn't passed.  The second was Gracie's innocence of taking time to smell the flowers.  The third was Jonah being silly in one photo that opened him up to take some good pictures.  The last was Noah and I sitting on a bench taking in the beautiful weather, watching photographs being taken and talking.  I had to wonder how many more opportunities I will have to share a moment like that with my oldest child.  I wish I could live a day like that everyday.  But instead work, school and life always seem to get in the way.  I think it's time to reclaim my life. 

Sidenote:  My body likes to remind me that 40 is just around the corner.  Upon getting up off the ground, I had an awful pain in my shoulder for no reason.  I had just gotten up off the ground, that's it!  After about 45 seconds the pain subsided.  Just another memory from that day.

                                                                                              
 
 

5 comments:

  1. It's good to see you back.

    My daughter and I have bonded for the last couple of years over photography, We grab a camera and go t out to take pictures to gether. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brett this post reminded me a lot of your planking post. I thought "ahhhh this was what Brett was talking about"

      Delete
  2. You have a beautiful family. And how nice that it was a good, memory-making kind of day. Your kids seem like they have a lot of personality...especially that Jonah :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am very lucky. And Jonah acts justs like his dad.

      Delete