Thursday, October 13, 2016

Be an Original

I'm really sick of the coat riders.  Everywhere I turn these days, someone has their head up someone's ass.  What ever happened to being an original?  And I don't mean having a purple mohawk.   Having a purple mohawk basically says "I'm not original because a purple mohawk would be what people expect an original to have" which defeats the whole purpose.  And by the way, it looks really stupid, as does, the chain connecting your nose to your ear.  Forget about original accessorising, what I want to talk about is being original in thought.  Don't change your opinions because they aren't popular.  This is what has got our government so screwed up.  Stand up for what you believe in and have a voice.  Take for example my friends over at Big Kev's View, they do the show that they want to do.  If you don't like the show they do, then they feel you can piss off.  They are not changing it.  I respect that.    I, too, have fallen a bit from my originality.  People like happy go-lucky Shane who makes them laugh and I so I will appease. And I will ignore my need to be serious and talk of changes that need to take place in this world. But when I do speak of change, where then are those same people; hiding from the truth, turning their heads as not see while their asses are stuck-up, sway side to side. 

I am Shane.    I will not side with an issue just because it is popular.  I will not hang out with people just because they are the "it crowd".  I do not get star struck and I don't drink the kool-aid because Jebediah tells me to.  I will march on 1 and 3 if I want. I'll jam, Bieber, Presley,  Springteen, Jackson, Dre or Brooks.  Why? Because I can and I don't give a damn what you think.  Boom! How you like me now?

1 comment:

  1. I get you Shane. My opinions are my opinions and I don't care if someone else doesn't agree. However, I do not enjoy the backlash that comes with sharing them sometimes. I won't cowtow to someone else's demands (even now, living in a Communist country), but I'm not always real quick to share my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete