Monday, March 14, 2011

2012 Election Already?

As much as I try to avoid it, the talk of next year's Presidential election is already in full gear.  It just doesn't seem like it's that time again. Ugh!

I wonder if we have it right with 4 year terms.  If it takes a year to learn the the job and the last year is spent campaigning, that only gives two years to spend concentrating on this country's issues.

I guess the thing that frustrates me more than anything is our outdated two party system.  In my opinion the far right is always trying to keep the far left in check and vice-versa.  But if the extremes are controlling the parties then I am not being represented.  I fall in the middle.  I'm guessing most of us do.  My Presidential ballots were cast as follows:  Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, McCain.  I had a good streak going.  Before the last election,  I pulled up each major candidate's website.  Only two really spoke to me, McCain's and Biden's.  Both ended up on tickets.  President Obama's did not speak to me even though we were from the same state.  Even though I didn't vote for him, he has impressed me and I think deserves second term. He will most likely get my vote next year.

Sorry I got way off topic.  The point is I'm neither Republican nor Democratic.  I believe a third party from the middle could thrive and get stuff done.  I think a big majority is in the middle and could control both houses.   Don't get me wrong the far left and far right have good points.  What I'm saying is that we are so split between two parties that we don't get anything done.  We spend the time that we have blaming the other party for our woes.  A third party could end the 50/50 split.  Anyway, that's how I see it.

This was what was on my today.

No comments:

Post a Comment