Monday, March 7, 2011

Yeah, I got caught some beads

I'm in the middle of my first Louisiana Mardi Gras and I've learned a couple of things.  One, I have no will power when it comes the cream cheese filled king cakes. Two, northern Mardi Gras parades are just cheap rip-offs.  Three, you can keep your shirt on and still get millions of beads.

Of the parades that I have been to, I saw no one bare themselves for cheap plastic orbs connected together by a string or more cheap plastic.  I'm understanding that I missed one lady who felt the need to expose herself and then quickly disappeared.  Now I didn't go to the parades looking for that type of mischief.  I took my kids to enjoy the floats and grab some flying fun.


I've often wondered how the idea that showing yourself for beads ever started.  I suppose some overly intoxicated women wanted something and decided "Hey, I know.  I'll show 'em my boobs!"  I'm guessing it worked so well that it just became the standard.  Well in some areas anyway.  By the way, what do you do if you're standing with someone and they feel the urge to flash.  "Holy crap Grandma, put your shirt back down!"   And then there's all the perverts with cameras, snapping photos like they just discovered something never seen before.  What do you do with all the pictures anyway?  I sure you show them to all your friends but then what?


So, yeah I caught some beads, and some cups, and some stuffed animals, and some candy, and some yards sticks of gum.  I've had a great time during this Mardi Gras season.  Maybe next year I will venture down to New Orleans and see what that's about.  I might even bring my camera. ;-D

This was what was on my mind today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment