Friday, May 20, 2011

Catching up- A month's worth of Blogs in 1

My schedule was come to the point where I don't have time to write.( or I am just too tired to do it)  I have had several ideas but just haven't gotten them typed.   Here are a few snippets.

A few days ago a co-worker and I got to talking about "Macho Man" Randy Savage.  Now today, we find out that we died in a car wreck.  It's kind of eerie.  I hadn't thought about him in a while.  I used to try to keep up with what he was doing via the internet but I haven't for some time now.  I have watch him wrestle since I was about 6 years old.  He was ICW champion which was on channel 3 late Friday night. His brother "Leaping" Lanny Poffo and his father "The Miser" Angelo Poffo were also on the show. His then wife Elizabeth was the interview girl.  Three phrases that I mimic of his are "Ohhhh yeahhh", "Can you dig it?" and from his ICW days "PADUCAH, KENTUCKY."  He has always been one of my favorite wrestlers.  It's sad that today's wrestling can't hold a candle to the golden days.  RIP Randy Poffo you were the best.

I suppose if you are reading this, the world hasn't ended.  It pretty easy to call these doomsayers "crackpots."  At some point these prophecies have to end.  No one knows when the ending will be and Jesus said it would be "like a thief in the night."  Not too many thieves give out clues as when the deed will be done.   I suppose that if people keeping guessing dates eventually someone will get it right albeit out of luck.  I guess the question should be "When He comes, where will you spend eternity?"  In short, get yourself right today.  It's never too late; until it's too late.


My family went home to Mount Vernon for Easter.  In my second blog that I wrote " that I wonder what feelings I would have?"  Well...unfortunately  it was no longer home.  I did enjoy seeing my family and friends.  I enjoyed watching my kids play in the same creek that I used to.  It did rain an awful lot. That kind of made things crappy.  We had a hard time finding things to do.  Needless to say we were happy to return to Baton Rouge which is now home.

This is the Reader's Digest version of what could have been written.  Lost in my brain was the blog entitled " The Return of Bitchy Shane".  Maybe it will fall out one of these days.  If we are still here that is.

This was what was on my mind today.

No comments:

Post a Comment