Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Day in the Morning Life - Volume 2

A lot has changed since I wrote volume 1.   This day started at 3:30 A.M.  I hear a thump. I figure it's the middle child rolling over into the wall again.  "Hmm.  What's that smell?   Popcorn?"  That can only mean one thing...the oldest is up.  I go to his bedroom and he has a bag a popcorn and his PlayStation is on.  "What are you doing?"  "I was hungry."  "Turn off the game and go to bed."  More on this later.  Back to bed I go.  I gotta be at work by 8.  I drag myself out of bed at 7:20.  I have never been a morning person but this morning is unusally tough.  I shower, shave and etc.. 7:34  Gotta leave before 7:45.  Turn on the iron.  The company has decided that khakis are now acceptable.  I iron the khakis and lay them aside.  I look for an "a-shirt" aka "wife beater". I head to the laundry room.  There they are at the bottom of the dirty pile.  Okay plan B.  Find a plain T.  Hmm. Nope.  Nope.  Nope.  Ahh. Well it's black under black oh well.  Back to the pants.  I put them on and they have no button.  7:42.  Grab a black pair of pants and put them on. (no iron)  I wake the boys.  The oldest needs is meds.  "What's this blanket doing by the door?"  As I'm asking, I realize the answer.  It was rolled and placed in front of the door to hide the light of the late night video game playing.  7:45 I'm gonna be late.  I text my boss and co-worker and let them know.  I nuke some left eggs and bacon and make some coffee.  The oldest takes ADHD meds.  He is now on a patch.  I recommend it for your parents of ADD/ADHD kids.  He is struggling to put it on.  I sit my breakfast down to help.  As I reach to help, I knock my bacon and eggs onto the floor.  ARGHHHHH.  I help him, then scrape my breakfast off the floor and back into the bowl.  I grab my lunch, coffee and breakfast kiss the little one bye and off to work I go.   Yes, I ate the eggs and bacon.  I clock in at 8:08. 

1 comment:

  1. I have those mornings about once a month. They suck and set the day off on a sour note.

    ReplyDelete