Sunday, January 15, 2012

I've been given 11 months to live

11 months.  That's less than a year.  Damn Mayans and freakin' Nostradamus.  I'm not much on predictions.  Anyone crazy person can say outrageous things and get one right.  But it brings up a good point, what if I only had 11 months.  I'm not sure what I would do.  Do I still go to work?  Do I stay home with my family? Do I go on a 11 month bender?   It's all a bit much for me to comprehend.  Whatever belief you have about the afterlife, we really won't know until we get there.  And if you have no belief, I'm sorry. 

I believe in God and I believe in Heaven.  I'll give you three reasons:  1)  The alternative is too sad 2) more important is the fact I've have seen things that can't be explained.  Coincidences? No way.  3) The human soul; everyday people do things that are extraordinary that they don't have to do but yet they do it.  That has to come from somewhere.

Back to me dying.  As I've said, I don't know what I would do.  I suppose there are a few places I would like to visit. But for the most part, I would be with my family and friends.  I don't think I would do any thing stupid.  I wouldn't want to speed up the process.  It's funny while  writing that last sentence, the stupid things that I do on a daily basis flashed in my head.  Speeding, climbing on the roof, etc.. Maybe we should all take a look at what we do.  Just because we have been given 11 months doesn't mean we are going to get them.  We all have places and people to see, forgiveness to ask for and forgiveness to give.  11 months? Hell, we might not make to the end of this blo....................................................................................

2 comments:

  1. That question has been posed so many times. What would you do if you only had ??? time left to live? I have grappled over this many times. I still have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. c'mon you guys have to admit that you would tell the people that you have offended "sorry" you would want to mend up broken relationships (if there are any I mean we are older now so no drama) and you would want to tell the people that you love "hey I LOVE YOU YA KNOW IT?" ... that is what I would do. :0)
    -Kelly Ellis

    ReplyDelete