"With great power,comes great responsibility"-- one of the Spider-man movies. With this honor, there are rules that I must follow and they are:
- Thank the blogger who gave the award to you. -Check
- List 7 things people may not know about you.
- Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers and let them know they have won.
This actually falls within a blog I was thinking about called Get to Know Your Blogger. So there goes that idea. But here they are in no particular order:
1. I have endless supply of old jokes. So are silly and some are tasteless. They are stored in my brain as if it were an encyclopedia. These jokes have been both praised and shunned. (gotta know your audience)
2. I have gained 65 pounds since high school (down from 75). I have never been one to have a weight problem but in the last 3 years I have really packed on the pounds. I have started exercising again (we'll see how long that last). I thought about starting blog about it but I don't know how good of read that would be. "I lost another .133 of a pound yesterday......". I think I will pass.
Okay, this is getting hard because I thrown myself out there in my prior blogs. Let's see. uhhhhh.......
3. FAVORITES: Food- I love pizza and grilled cheese sandwiches. Two foods that I love but don't get very often are fresh crab dipped in butter and a sea bass with a lobster risotto that I had once. It was heaven and one day I will attempt to recreate it
Movies- I have three movie that take their turn as my favorite. Mr. Roberts is my favorite from way back. It was released in 1955 and star Henry Fonda, James Cagney, Jack Lemmon and William Powell. The Godfather from 1972 was perfectly made. It has an allstar cast that includes Marlan Brando, Al Pacino, James Cann, Robert Duvall, Diane Keaton, Abe Vigoda, Talia Shire and John Cazale. 1997's Good Will Hunting was a favorite of mine from the time I saw it in the theater. It stars Matt Damon, Ben Affleck and Robin Williams. All of these films have a similar theme. Watch them see if you can find it. Others movies that are close to my top are Cinderella Man, Doc Hollywood and Casablanca.
4. I was once thrown into the Campus Lake in college. It occurred after I proposed to girlfriend (my wife)at my fraternity's homecoming function. I was watching my Raiders beat the Chiefs on Monday Night Football when the mob arrived at my apartment and burst in. They grabbed me sitting in my boxers and a t-shirt. It took seven of them to get me there and I was all but one arm from breaking loose but exhaustion got the better of me and I gave in to my fate. Carried up to the bridge and tossed over the rail, I landed in the ice cold water. I swam out and walked to the fraternity house by myself (everyone had bolted before splash down) and called my brother to come get me. Rah Rah Delta. Delta Tau Delta.
5. I have an adopted son. This may be a blog topic in the future. I don't know yet. I really am a private person and some topics I find too intrusive.
6. I may not be part Cherokee as mentioned in my blog Happy Birthday Grandma. When I went home last Easter my mom wanted to know where I got that idea from. Well, when I was younger my grandma had a ancestor photo of a brother and sister who married full-blooded Cherokee. Now where that falls into my blood line I don't know, but upon further investigation, I am part Iroquois and Blackfoot. The Cherokee part is still being researched.
7. I hope to run a 5k sometime. I don't know if my knees if will allow it but I'm shooting for it.
Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to follow more blogs. I have been searching lately for some new ones. With that said, I have one blog that I can pass this award to. The blog is called I Always Hated My Right Breast. You can access by clicking this link. http://badrightbreast.blogspot.com/ It is writen by Laurie Kindred, a friend of my wife. I think everyone should read this blog. I will notify her of this award but in the mean time, take a little time and read her blog.
Thanks again Brett. You can find his blog at http://transformednonconformist.blogspot.com/.
Thanks for reading.