Saturday, July 30, 2011

Yes, It's true. It lasted only 2 minutes

2 Minutes was all I got.  2 minutes of bliss.  I was sitting on the love seat when it occurred.  I almost missed it.  I looked into the kitchen and saw the three of them.  All three of my kids in a 2 foot circle eating popcorn and enjoying each other.  I whispered to Gretchen for her to look.  So, we sat there and enjoyed that peaceful moment.  I could have watched that for hours but alas it ended and the sibling squabbles resumed.  But what a moment!  I wonder why we can't get more of them.  Why is it in our nature to argue and fight with our siblings?   That peaceful moment was so wonderful for all of us.  It kind of reminds me of a moment that occurred about a year and a half ago.  No one planned it.  It just happened.  My mom, dad, sister, brother, and myself were sitting in the living room talking.  No spouses, no children, just the original five.  Another enjoyable moment.  But it too ended as others came in. 

When it comes down to it, in the end it's all about family.

No comments:

Post a Comment