Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is almost here.  Once again, I set out on the hunt for the perfect gift.  Ugh.  The problem I suffer from is being to practical.  Traditional gifts like flowers, just die and jewelery, just sits in a box.  However, there are many gifts that can be used everyday.  I'm not going to name them.  So what to do?  Why is it that women like flowers and/or jewelery anyway?  There's always sexy lingerie but is that for the guy or the gal.  And can a man actually go and buy stuff like that without feeling like a total perv?

I have gotten better at buying these gifts.  However, my wallet always tends to shrink when I go to buy the "lovey-dovey" items.  If there was a Practicality Day, I would be KING.  So, once again I'm "putting my chips on the table" "stepping up to the plate""rollin' the dice" and any other over-used phrase and giving a gift to my sweetheart Gretchen.  I think she will like it.  Practical or lovey-dovey?  I'm not telling. 

Listen up MEN!  Play it safe: With flowers, candy, jewelery and a great dinner you hit a home run ( and maybe in more ways than one).  And ladies, please don't be disappointed.  He's trying.

This was what was on my mind today.

No comments:

Post a Comment